So what is Moringa? Is it just another hyped up superfood that claims to “heal everything” in your life?
Maybe even some MLM distributor has approached you, making it sound like it’s the next messiah of the superfood world. Well actually that exaggeration isn’t so exaggerated. Moringa is one of the most nutrient dense plants of Africa. It is even called the African Miracle Tree! It’s not as popular as spirulina, chlorella and most of the greens products out there. So let’s make it so! Because honey, this plant is one badass healing superfood!
Super in every way
Gram for gram it has twice the protein of yogurt, four times the calcium of milk, 25 times the iron of spinach, 15 times the potassium of bananas, four times the vitamin A of carrots, and 7 times the vitamin C of oranges! That is a hell of alot of nutrition in one plant and makes it a very convenient one stop superfood addition to any shake or meal you consume.
A Protein King!
AND if you are vegan or vegetarian, you will want to truly consider always having this herb stocked in your pantry. It offers a very comparable protein profile to eggs or whey. It has 18 of the 20 amino acids, and all 8 of the essential amino acids. That means you don’t have to worry about food combining! If you are like me, and see time as a true commodity, having a food that contains most of everything you need is simply amazing and makes meals a lot simpler to create. This one becomes your new best friend
Detox and a Super Chelator to Your Rescue
Moringa just like Chlorella is a powerful chelator. Chelators, chelate or bind to toxins and heavy metals in the blood, digestive system, and lymphatic system. They literally bind and pull that stuff right out which makes this a great cleansing ingredient and detoxifying agent. Adding small amounts on a daily basis can help you maintain and prevent illness due to over toxicity. Larger amounts would be advised if you are wanting to do a deeper cleanse as part of 7 or 10 day protocol. If you want a more detailed detox protocol just message me and we can set up a consultation to get you on track!
An Anti Aging Powerhouse
Moringa can help to slow down the aging process because it contains loads of anti oxidants, phytochemicals that reduce wrinkling and cell degeneration. Also, because it is such a powerful detoxifying agent it automatically assists cells to regenerate and restore more quickly. It helps free up lots of energy so you will feel more vitality and many people using Moringa report their endurance levels are significantly improved almost by double or more! So you can workout, work, take care of the kids, cook and still get the dog out for a walk all in one day without burning out and feeling spent.
Mood Enhancing Benefits:
It has been also reported and documented that those using Moringa feel emotionally and mentally better and more stable. Moringa works on the neurotransmitters in the brain and nervous system, offering a more positive and elevated state of mind. In Ayurveda, an Indian form of natural medicine, Moringa is often prescribed for depression, anxiety, insomnia and mood disturbances. It is revered in India as a spiritual plant that helps us to connect to a greater part of ourselves, or the Higher Self. It can be used to uplift and enhance meditation and prayer rituals you may have. It truly is a Divine gift given to us to heal and restore our whole beings.
How to use, dose and make Moringa a daily habit:
My philosophy with plant medicine is always to consult a healthcare professional first before starting any regime. Someone like myself, can individualize a specific protocol and combo of herbs to assist your particular needs. If you are sensitive to herbs or superfoods you really want to go slow, and I go into that more below. Here are some basic guidelines to consider for Moringa:
- Less is more. Whenever you start taking a new herb or natural medicine, it’s best to begin with a small dose and work up to a larger amount. Take 1/2 teaspoon of Moringa for the first three days. Then increase to a full teaspoon for the reminder of the week. After that increase the dose according to your reaction and energy levels. So if you feel you are really energized and there are great improvements you may not need to increase for weeks or months. See what works best for you. The usual recommendation is up to 1 full tablespoon a day. With such a nutrient dense and power packed superfood, you really don’t need alot to receive the benefits.
- Moringa leaves are the best sources of nutrients on the plant. So look for a product that comes in the form of ground Moringa leaves. Store the Moringa in a glass container in your fridge to keep it fresher longer.
- Make sure you buy an organic product by a reputable brand.
- One of the best ways to consume it is in your daily greens and fruit shake. You can add it right along with your other greens, and supplements. I do suggest you take Moringa twice per day, once in the morning and then again in the afternoon. A split dose will give you more sustained energy and you will absorb more nutrients as well. Don’t take Moringa too close to bed time , and especially if you are susceptible to insomnia. It can have an energizing effect much like Maca, and green tea.
- Contraindications: Moringa is a very safe plant to take, even in larger quantities. However it does have a blood thickening effect. So if you are on blood thinners, consult your health care professional first before ingesting.
Moringa is the new Ginseng. In my opinion 😉
It simply offers so much nutrition in one dose. If you are suffering with low energy, adrenal fatigue, low sex drive, depression, low thyroid and weight gain you truly want to consider adding this superfood to your daily routine. I’d love to know how it works out for you. Please send me a message and comment below with your thoughts, opinions and experiences. Please also share this article with those you love!
I LOVE hearing your stories and am always here to help you …
Stay healthy, happy and free!